“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Thursday, November 6, 2008

How's It Named?

For those of you who were keen on listening to the various incarnations of my radio shows, now is your chance to hear me on the air again this Saturday, November 8th: KPSU's very own Ricardo Wang, host of What's This Called?, invited me co-host his show, something we've been trying to arrange, "All Summer Long." (A song you will never hear on his show.)

For those of you who have not been obsessively podcasting his show for the last few years, Ricardo has been in radio since 1985, with a focus on Experimental Music that covers a wide range of styles and sounds. When I first met Ricardo, he did a guest spot on my show almost four years ago. Why it took us this long to team up again is anyone's guess.

You can listen to the show in a variety of ways: in the Portland Metro area, tune in at 1450 AM. For those on the PSU campus, tune in at 98.1 FM. And for those with access to the Inter-Web, point your browser at to kpsu.org to stream the show live.

While I'm not entirely sure what you can expect in terms of specific music, I know that I will be bringing my Interurban Memories LP - a collection of recordings of public transit systems from the 50's and 60's - to use during voice overs. The rest, my friends, I will leave up to the fates.

Until then: enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment