“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Friday, December 12, 2008

Really?

When I was closing up the computer lab last night, I found a binder that a student had left behind. It happens all the time, actually, and with today being the last day for finals, I imagine some student was in a hurry to get to a party after his last test. I forget things all the time, and unless it's valuable, you don't have to worry about anything getting stolen.

So, no harm, no foul; I picked it up and went to put it in the Lost & Found box. As I set it down, I noticed that on the front was a huge, slightly torn Sublime sticker.

What? Sublime? Are they even still a thing? I mean, when was the last time you met an actual Sublime fan? At least, a big enough one to have a sticker on your binder for at least a year. In 2008. I mean, really?

Sometimes, I just don't get people.

2 comments:

  1. The thing is, Sublime will always be the ultimate expression of college music. Even though all of their fans were/are just white frat boys on Coors, the actual bandmembers were genuine tough guys on hard drugs, so you get the cred-by-association angle. Add the fact that they played watered-down reggae crossed with watered-down punk with lyrics about fucking, and you have TIMELESS college music!

    That's my theory, anyway. And yes, I had a Sublime CD my junior year of college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but it wasn't 2008 then, was it?

    ReplyDelete