“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Hate Painters

This showed up in my inbox today, regarding Saturday's radio broadcast. Glad to be of service, Mr. Joe. It's for people like you that made me want to do radio in the first place. I always wanted to turn on the radio and hear this kind of stuff. So I return the favor as often as possible. Thanks.

* * * * * *

From: Spam Joe
Date: Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

hello,

I am an old school DIY punker from orange county that just migrated here to oregon..
so glad to hear your program for the 1st time this weekend coming back from the zoo yesterday...
"carson girls" at the top of my lungs man....we do (did) that one as a warm up for the band I was in with my best friends in the OC...

I am 42 and remember almost everything of the "movement" from those grand old days that will never return...no matter what the youngsters try to do to revive it....I LIVED IT....fortunate enough to go to a lot of house parties back there and see bands like the minutemen...Channel 3, angry samoans, dead kennedy's..the vandals...TSOL....etc....right in my very own backyard..

I am just getting settled into this area so once I get "organizised" I will slide some stuff I have collected along the way...really glad to find there are some like me (writers, love punk and reading) that have not forgotten how important and influential these things are to people nowadays....ah!!! a little taste of home right here in oregon...thanks for the eugene excerpts as well...I HATE PAINTERS!!!!

punk monk

band website: http://www.myspace.com/lunchmeatoc

No comments:

Post a Comment