“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fall Courses

PSU finally contacted me with the information about the course I'll be teaching this Fall. For those of you who don't yet know, I received an undergraduate scholarship to start teaching three Mentor Session courses, twice a week, for the 2009 / 2010 PSU school year. The job involves pay, benefits, full tuition reimbursement, and a sense of focus and purpose that other jobs I've had in the past lacked in some way. I can't believe I was lucky enough to get this, and I only hope that I impress everyone enough to make a long-term career out of it.

The course I'll be teaching is called On Democracy, and my faculty partner is Friedrich Schuler. The full description is embedded in the link, but to summarize: the course will be looking at Democracy through a variety of lenses, where students will be approaching the concept through readings, research, and discussions. As someone who considers themselves political, but rarely devotes time to reading about politics in my leisure time, some of this will be new for me, too. I'm really excited about the possibilities, and already have some ideas on how to address different topics.

If you're going to be a Freshman at PSU in the Fall, and are looking for a FRINQ course that you want to take, I highly recommend signing up for On Democracy, so you can get into one of my Mentor Sessions. The first one is already full, but I promise that if you get in, I will do my best to be entertaining & informative. This is, of course, my first class like this, so I only ask one thing of you: be gentle.

Course Title: ON DEMOCRACY
CRN 13495 (8:00 AM - 9:15 AM, Main Session led by the Prof.)
CRN 13500 (9:30 AM - 10:20 AM, already full)
CRN 13502 (10:30 AM - 11:20 AM)
CRN 13501 (11:30 AM - 12:20 AM)
Course Number: 131A
Class Meeting Days: Monday & Wednesday
Room: Cramer Hall, 149

See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment