“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blasphuphmus Radio Schedule Update

There's a few things that are coming in the pipe for the coming months, and I thought it would be a good time to sort out the programming schedule for the remainder of 2009 while I'm at it. There aren't any major changes, really; we're still on Saturday's at 1 PM, and we'll still be bringing you the usual radio goodness well into the 2020's. But here are a few things that are worth noting:

1.) For one week (September 12th) What's This Called? and Blasphuphmus Radio will switch times. At noon, be prepared for Part V of The Adventures of Superman. And at 1 PM, keep it locked for a mind-melting performance by Mangled Bohemians, in their second WTC? appearance. Mark your calendars, 'cause this will be an awesome day.

2.) Two shows have been expanded to two hours this year (so far): August 22nd (from 1 PM - 3 PM), and September 5th (12 PM - 2 PM). The former should be a show I'm calling "Summer Sounds." The later: a return appearance by the first guest I had on my KPSU incarnation of this show, Ian Murray! We'll play some of his music, classic clips from his first appearance, and a bunch of new material for your listening pleasure.

3.) October marks the beginning of the Holiday Season at Blasphuphmus Radio, starting with five weeks of Halloween music that will culminate in a special broadcast actually happening on Halloween! In the 11 years I've been doing this show, I don't believe I have ever broadcast on Halloween Day, and as a collector of Halloween Music, this is a very special event. That, plus another Election Day Show, a post-Thanksgiving wrap-up, and three weeks of "Holiday Music For People Who Hate Holiday Music" in December, will provide you with all the year-end audio treats you could ever need. Watch this space for Holiday News and updates.

4.) There are a handful of Retrocasts coming, including an entire show dedicated to my long-lost co-host, Holden Craft! For those of you who were not listening during the KWVA years, Holden was my right-hand man, and until I met DJ Revolting Earwig, was the person who made more appearances on my show than anyone else. (I believe Revolting Earwig has surpassed him now.) While collecting all the golden moments from his time on our show would be a several-hour broadcast, we'll be selecting the best and funniest moments from his news-casts and other appearances, and allow you to re-live these moments for the first time in almost 10 years. Plus, an appearance by Cerebus The Aardvark? All that, and more.

5.) Our December 26th broadcast this year will be pre-recorded, and only available via the Podcast. I will be out of town that day, and another DJ will be covering that hour, which will also be great for those of you who tune in live. But the podcast that day will be spectacular, I promise.

That's it for now. As I mentioned before, this calendar is subject to change. But for right now, it looks pretty solid. As usual, you'll be the first to know when something comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment