“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bomb Culture

I've had this album for a while now, and I've probably listened to this song 7 or 8 times. But today, for some reason, I was really floored by the lyrics:

My dreams were all about submission
To get on top I gave up dreaming
I get hard thinking about the sixties
But I hit a wall when I reach the now

I'm acquainted with too many punk rockers
Nothing rose so nothing converged
Technology draws a very hard line
The future's pinned beneath a power surge

I'll keep moving so nobody can pin me
I'll die alone, yeah, so will you
I had a plan, it depended on outrage
When every one knows we're all pure

Portland was a soft city
But now its surfaces are hard
One day I'll stop reading
My center could be a bomb

("Bomb Culture" by Crack City Rockers. Thanks Eric. You will never cease to impress me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment