“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Best. Movie. Ever.

As a huge fan of Pump Up The Volume, I was completely stunned when I finally saw the movie it's based on, the 1979 seminal classic, Over The Edge. I have to claim virtual ignorance regarding this film until The Chairman (from Drats!!!) rambled on and on about how his band was releasing a concept record based on the movie. The album was great, but for some reason I kept missing the movie for one reason or another. Even after my friend Marcus hooked me up with a copy, it sat in my collection, unwatched, until a few days ago.

Why, exactly, I waited that long, I'll never know. Just about everyone told me that I'd freak out when I finally saw it, and for the record, let me say: I did. Not only is this one of the single greatest teen movies ever made (with the possible exception of Badlands), it is pretty much the blueprint for all punk movies, and was directly copied (almost note for note) in the aforementioned Pump Up The Volume. I don't want to give too much away (in the event that there are others out there who haven't seen it), but trust me, you need to see this film.

If for no other reason, you will suddenly understand and appreciate Nation Of Ulysses that much more. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment