“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Unforgiveable

I participate in only a handful of mailing lists, and they all have to do with something I'm excited about (radio). As I understand it, mailing lists are something you sign up for because you want to read what people have to say about the subject of the list.

So I have absolutely no patience for seeing the following message posted to a mailing list:

"Stop posting messages to this mailing list! I get enough e-mail as it is."

If the fraction-of-a-second it takes you to unsubscribe from a list is too much time out of your day as it is (despite having enough time to compose and send a complaint about not having enough time to read all the messages), then perhaps you should re-think using a computer in the first place. Clearly, you are missing the point.

Of just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment