“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Three Things

1.) I am still fairly impressed by the fact that, for the first year since I started living on my own, I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day by meeting up with friends and getting hammered. I used to really look forward to Drinking Holidays, and it was a really nice change of pace to sit at home, cook dinner with my roommates, and listen to records. I did have some Reed's Ginger Beer, but at that point I had given my bike lock keys to Joel, and only had two over the course of the entire evening. Woo, boy. Calm down, buddy!

2.) One of my other roommates - Marcus - has been teaching me how to make bread from scratch, which resulted in Joel and I making bread bowls for our homemade chili last night. So far I've made about four differnt loaves (one with Joel), and all of them have come out alright, and more to the point, entirely edible! I'm still sort of blown away by how simple it is to make, and how it requires a rather disproportionate amount of your time to make something so simple. But I've been pleased with the results, and have expanded my baking skills to include 1 pie crust, 1 batch of peanut butter cookies, and a batch of flat bread, too. I think the next step is going to be to start fooling around with garlic bread, or mayhaps something with fancy olives in it. If you have any bready suggestions, please, let me know. I'm still a beginner at this point, and need all the guidance and suggestions I can get.

3.) Is there anyone who came of age in the late 70's & early 80's that didn't absolutely love Star Wars? Is it even possible not to?

No comments:

Post a Comment