“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Upcoming Radio Events

While I've been a little behind in my radio work recently, I'm more or less back on track, and have four announcements for upcoming live radio, all for your listening pleasure. Can you believe it? Check it out:

On 11 September 2010 on What's This Called?, tune in for a special live performance by Paco Jones. I will be running live sound for this one, and Ricardo Wang will (of course) be hosting and interviewing. Paco is a Seattle based experimental artist, and will be making a KPSU live debut on the 9th anniversary of a very dark day in US history. It should be a pretty awesome show, and I'm stoked to see how this one goes down.

Then, during my show (1 PM - 3 PM the same day), join me and special guests Kristopher White and Tara J. Merritt as they come in to show of their DJing skills for a two-hour 9/11 set. I've been ogling Kris's record collection for a while now, and this is will a great chance to hear some of it by making them come down to KPSU and forcing them to play it for me. Tara promises to back-announce and pick out the occasional tune, so this should be a pretty sweet show all around.

And, on 25 Spetember 2010, tune in for a live double-header with Moth Hunter and Knuckle Children on Blasphuphmus Radio, from 1 PM - 3 PM. Both acts are related, and play electronic, circuit bend, and other home-brewed equipment to bring you sounds you've never heard before. This will be a pretty awesome show no matter how you slice it, and I'm really looking forward to running sound for these guys. This is not a show to miss.

And, lastly, tune in on 1 October 2010 for a special Live Friday appearance by Crank Sturgeon. Crank is no stranger to KPSU, and it will be good to get him into the studio again for his particular brand of wild, wonderful weirdness. This episode of Live Friday will be hosted by none other than, you guessed it, Ricardo Wang, as we usually work together, and manage to produce some pretty excellent stuff when we do.

Having run Live Friday for quite some time, this will be strange to be working on the show again, even as a one-off kind of thing. I have quite fond memories of working on the show, and I feel like I brought in a lot of stuff that doesn't normally get a lot of radio air-play, let alone on KPSU. It is one of KPSU's longest running shows, and has featured a surprising number of artists, well known and obscure, over the years. I am always happy to lend a hand where needed, and it always feels right to be contributing to this show. Thanks again to the current host and show runner, Aaron Bikis, for giving us that particular show to do with as we please. Hopefully, you won't regret it.

That's all I've got at this point. Thanks for listening, and I'll talk to ya'll soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment