“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last Week

Wow. With all my summer happenings and whatnot, I fell WAAAAAY behind on... well, everything. Here's some info about last week's show in an effort to get caught up:

First off: I covered for What's This Called? last week, whic
h gave me three hours to work with. As I was a bit behind this summer from all my vacation travels, I decided to do three distinct shows in that three hour span. This was a bit insane (as I'm sure you can guess), and to make it even crazier, I showed up a couple hours early to bring you a couple of retrocasts, too. Yeah, it was a five hour radio event. Seriously. Ob-soive:

Episode 079: Songs The Cramps Taught Us, Part II
(Featuring even more selections from the Lux & Ivy's Favorites compilations.)

Playlist & Footnotes.

Following up on the last live show I did, I picked out another hour of great rare rock songs that are fantastic. If you can only handle one of these shows, pick this one. It's dirtier.


Episode 080: The Grumpy Punk, Part IV
(Featuring even more songs that anger up the blood, and remind me of the good-old-days.)

Playlist & Footnotes


This one was sort of thrown together, which is a little obvious when you realize that very few of the songs actually get past the "D"s in my
record collection. Nonetheless, this one came together pretty quickly, and I really enjoyed it.

Episode 081: More Songs About Madness & Girls
(Featuring songs about... well, going crazy over girls.)

Playlist & Footnotes.

While this isn't particularly a unique (or new) insight, it occurred to me that the perspective presented in a love song could very easily be construed as crazy if you actually pay attention to what they are saying. While this might seem like a bit of a stretch, those of you who are thinking that this was just an excuse to play a mix of new and old songs that I'm into are probably closer to the truth.

THEN:


I decided to present a pair of shows from August of 2005, shows that each celebrated their five year anniversaries recently. Enjoy!


Brought To You By The Letter M (30 August, 2005)
(Featuring one of my first ever theme shows at KPSU.)

Playlist & Footnotes

There's not much to say about this show, except that there are quite a few great bands that all start with the Letter M, and that this was the first time when I managed to find the balls to play a Charles Manson song on the air.

Sub-Basement Psyche w/ Ricardo Wang (2 August, 2005)
(Featuring Ricardo Wang's first appearance on KPSU.)

Playlist & Footnotes

While Ricardo Wang has been on KPSU for five years now (and is a long-time radio personality since the '80's), there was a time when he was new to Portland, and wanted to get involved with our humble radio station. This show features his first on-air appearance, which was cool enough to be on my show. This one showcases the kind of show I did at the time, the kind of music Ricardo is into, and is very much like the venn diagram of our musical tastes.

Well, that's about it for now. I've got more radio notes I need to update, so stay tuned. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment