“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Easy Like Cheesey

Two hours of corny music! Plus partial-musical accompaniment... on an instrument, no less! And spook-tacular news concerning next week's show! Can you believe all the exclamation points?! Ob-soive:

11 AM: Retrocast of "Halloween Cheese" (10/11/06)
(Featuring some cheesy, seasonally appropriate songs that everyone knows and loves.)

Playlist & Footnotes

01 PM: Episode 044: Fromage de l'Halloween
(Featuring even more of the same, and then some, from a October 25th, 2006 show.)

Playlist & Footnotes
(2009)
Playlist & Footnotes (2006)

Plus:

Night of the Living Tongue on What's This Called?, LIVE!

Playlist & Footnotes

While I did not run live sound for this appearance by Night of the Living Tongue, I did perform as part of the show, playing the ukulele my mom gave me, and later, playing a Dead Air Fresheners CD case for percussion. Night of the Living Tongue was a show that used to appear on KBOO, that took an improvised form while it was on the air, hosted and run by Jennifer Robin, a current collaborator of the aforementioned Dead Air Fresheners. This one is full of spoken word and noise, so don't say I didn't warn you.

However, I am saying: you should listen to it.

Next week: well, the big day is finally here, and in celebration of the finest holiday of the year, I'm doing a two-hour broadcast entitled Soul-A-Ween! Prepare yourself for two hours of Halloween music that has never before appeared on my show, with a decidedly soul-infused sound. This is what it's all been building up to, so you really don't want to miss this one. I promise.

See ya in seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment