“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Classics From The Crypt!

October is finally here, and that means I can finally stop resisting the urge to listen to Halloween Music all day long. As I build up to the big day, I decided to bring you a retrocast of one of my favorite Halloween shows from years past, a show from 2006 that was everything a Halloween-themed Radio Show should be. Ob-soive:

Episode 040: 10/04/06 Retrocast: "Classics From The Crypt"
(Featuring vintage Halloween Music, presented as a vintage radio broadcast recording.)

Playlist & Footnotes. (2009 Version)
Playlist & Footnotes. (2006 Version)

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! This week, Ricardo Wang and I switched time slots so he could bring you a live performance by local experimental rockers, New Red Sun! (I keep thinking of Superman Comics when I hear that name.) Of course, I ran the sound for it, and have to say, this performance is a must-listen!

New Red Sun on What's This Called?
(Featuring a live performance by, you guessed it, New Red Sun.)

Playlist & Footnotes.

AND AND AND! On October 1st, KPSU celebrated it's official 15 Year Anniversary at 5 PM. As a long-time volunteer of KPSU who was present for the 10 Year Anniversary, I felt it was really important to do something special this time. Myself and DJ Victrola arranged for a slew of KPSU volunteers to say the Legal ID in unison, to commemorate this momentous occasion. This was a pretty awesome event, and you can listen to it now on the KPSU archive!

KPSU's 15th Anniversary Broadcast!
(Scan forward to about 4 minutes & 50 seconds to hear it.)

That's it for this week. Stay tuned for more Halloween Mayhem, more Live Performances, and more KPSU news you can use.

See ya in seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment