“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Monday, January 26, 2009

More Live Music

This week I've got two on-air sound gigs that I'll be engineering, and of course, they'll be on KPSU (1450 AM, 98.1 FM, kpsu.org).

This Wednesday, January 28th at 8 PM, tune in for a live performance by The Vibrarians on signal-to-noise ratio (hosted by Ranger Mike & Andy Z). The Vibrarians are from Olympia, and fall into that beautiful Garage Punk / Psychedelic vein that is akin to Spider & The Webs. You should totally tune in. What else are you gonna do on a Wednesday Night?

Then, this Saturday, January 31st at 12 Noon, tune in for a live performance by Levator on What's This Called? (hosted by Ricardo Wang). I've practically become his co-host in recent months with all the times I've been helping Ricardo out lately, but I'm particularly excited about helping run sound for Levator, a band I've hosted three times previously on my old show. Imagine a band who's reference points are Galaxie 500, Velvet Underground, and touring constantly. Oh, and they're fronted by Sky, who has a wonderfully haunting voice that I can't wait to get a microphone on.

Both will be available for download mere minutes after all is said and done. How's that for instant gratification?

Oh... and tune in tomorrow for The Adventures of Superman. Really. You'll love the way it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment