“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Tired:

1.) Of Meeting People For Drinks.

2.) Of Events That Start After 10 PM.

3.) Of People With Ironic Hair / Facial Hair. (Especially when they don't realize the origins of the trend.)

4.) Of People Reviving Culture That Was Never Interesting To Begin With.

5.) Of People Pretending To Like Me Only To Get What They Want.

6.) Of People Judging Me Because I'm Too Smart / Too Dumb For Their Tastes.

7.) Of Having To Constantly Explain Myself To People Who Ultimately Don't Care.

8.) Of People Who Enjoy The Rat Race But Have No Concern For The People In It.

9.) Of People Who Don't Consider Education, Community, & Art As The Number One Priorities In Life.

10.) Bureaucracy.

I am socially exhausted. I can't handle it anymore. I understand that humans are social creatures, and that by saying this I'm sort of alienating myself from the world at large.

But man, fuck most people. Fuck 'em all. I am not cool enough for you. I will never be cool enough for you. So just let me read my books and comics, listen to my records that nobody else cares about, pursue my interests in whatever form they manifest, and most importantly, find a way to develop an emotional dimension to your personality so that you actually care about the people around you.

If you do not genuinely like the things that you are interested in, if you do not put people over social structures and strictures, if you are more concerned with the exterior than the interior, and most importantly, if you just want to play the game of life (rather than actually live it), then it sounds like we were just not meant to enjoy each others company.

Better luck next time. Until then: Shut The Fuck Up, Quit Being So Goddamn Judgmental, And Leave Me The Fuck Alone!

(This message brought to you by the People Trying To Be Patient With The World But Failing Miserably council of America, and This Blog.)

4 comments:

  1. Enlighten us, then, sir: what *were* the origins of the ironic facial hair trend which appears to be absolutely PLAGUING Portland of late? I can honestly say that I'm happily missing that down here in Cali, despite missing all other things Oregonian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe an example would be better:

    The Cop 'Stache.

    If you are a cop, and you have a Cop 'Stache, thumbs up.

    If you are not a cop, and you have a Cop 'Stache, you are annoying.

    If you are not a cop, and you have a Cop 'Stache not because it's ironic or funny, but because everyone else has one too, then you are just plain dumb.

    Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was about to write you and tell you that you were too damn smart... but I can see that you already knew this from #6! Which means, you are smarter than I thought you were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm tired of events that start after ten o'clock too. those events make me more tired.

    jenifer

    ReplyDelete