“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Friday, April 9, 2010

Tuning Tired Tongue Twisters

Of course, Ranger Mike is never one to wind to a close like everyone else, and so I was pretty excited to find that he tapped me (again) to run sound for the last last last (we mean it this time... maybe) ever episode of signal-to-noise ratio, where he featured a live performance by a group of insane local weirdos to play their particular brand of non-rock rock on KPSU. Ob-soive:

signal-to-noise ratio w/ Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat, LIVE!
(Featuring a live performance by a band that you will be hard pressed to yell out the name of at their shows, Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat.)

Playlist & Footnotes?
(9 April, 2010: At this time, the KPSU website is down, and I am unable to provide a link to any playlists. Hopefully this will be fixed soon enough. I'll keep you posted when that changes.)

This was, perhaps, one of the biggest challenges I've had in running sound for quite some time. The band itself is only a four-piece, but their gear is something to behold. Between both live and electronic drums, a bass player that plays guitar as well, a trumpet player with two distinctly different horns being played throughout the evening, and a synth / Drum Buddy player (?!), there was a lot to manage with this one. I was really looking forward to this one, not only to actually see the Drum Buddy, but because the band is comprised of mostly PSU denizens that I have seen around campus for years, but have never met.

I really hope I did their sound justice, because they are a band that deserves to sound as crazy and insane as they actually are when they play live.

It is sad that this will be the last time I'll be coming in late at night to assist Ranger Mike. I've said enough blubberings about his show recently to make most people embarrassed for me, but I'll say it again: he was an amazing radio personality, and I will treasure my signal-to-noise ratio recordings quite a bit. Until he is somehow convinced to make a magnificent return to radio (which has happened before), we will all begin to silently weep alone for a fallen hero.

Stay tuned for amazing anniversary announcements...

No comments:

Post a Comment