“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back To Church

Today's show was a three-hour, two-fisted, double wammy, as Ricardo Wang and I did a 12th Anniversary, 2010 Pledge Drive, re-mix mash-up broadcast-aganza of radio magic, with special guest Lennon! Two shows become one! Two events converge! More music than your can handle! Brought to your by What's This Called? and Blasphuphmus Radio, at the same time! Ob-soive:

11:00 AM: Retrocast of "The Beginning" from 1998!
(Featuring the first ever Blasphuphmus Radio broadcast from the 15th of April, 1998, originally broadcast on KWVA Radio in Eugene, OR.)

Playlist & Footnotes

12:00 PM: Episode 063: What's This Blasphuphmus Radio Called? Hour 1
01:00 PM: Episode 063: What's This Blasphuphmus Radio Called? Hour 2
(Featuring a mix of experimental and rock music with a slight religious theme, hosted by Ricardo Wang and myself.)

Playlist & Footnotes

This show was part of the on-air celebrations I've been having lately to celebrate my 12th radio-versary. I may write more about my memories and experiences regarding radio in that time, but for now, you should entertain yourself with the Playlist & Footnotes from the retrocast of "The Beginning," which tells part of the story of how I got involved in radio in the first place. I have had so many amazing experiences as a DJ in the last 12 years, and I really couldn't have done it without the listeners. If you are one, consider yourself thanked. I love you to pieces.

This show is also part of the KPSU Pledge Drive that is going on for the next two weeks. If you can afford it, I would love to see you make a donation to the cause. Listeners donations really do make a huge difference in our ability to stay on the air, and every bit helps. In honor of Pledge Drive, I am offering a special CD compilation called, Good Morning Portland, featuring recordings made on Blasphuphmus Radio in the last 6 years. These are live, in-studio performances by local bands who have been kind enough to share their music with us, and you can only hear it on our show. Now you can get a CD of the best performances from those recordings, all by donating to KPSU's Pledge Drive. Those of you who tuned in to hear last year's Pledge Drive shows (here and here) got a chance to hear the CD already, and know what to expect from a deal like this.

I know on the air I said that if people pledged $20 they could get this CD, but give the state of the economy and how poor everyone is these days, if you many any financial donation to KPSU, I will send you the CD. Listener support is really important, and every little thing helps. Just drop me a line telling me who you are and when you donated, and I'll send out your CD immediately. It means that much to me.

That's it for this week. I promise not to be so text-heavy next week. Less talk, more rock.

See ya in seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment