“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Superman Returns!

I know he's been absent from the airwaves recently, but with the end of 2009 being jam-packed with goings-ons, and the beginning of the year being a little chaotic, it took a while to get back into the Old-Time-Radio groove. But we're back, and this one's a doozy! Ob-soive:

Episode 060: Blasphuphmus Radio Theater Presents!: The Adventures of Superman, Part VI!
(Featuring the first four episodes of the classic 1940 serial, The Emerald of the Incas!)

Playlist & Footnotes.

This serial was originally broadcast in April of 1940, exactly 70 years ago. (Episode 2 was originally aired on April 3rd.) The timing is fairly unique, as I will be celebrating my 12 year radio anniversary on the 15th of this year. (Weird, huh?) So, anniversaries are in the air.

Coming soon: an guest appearance (possibly) on Casey's The Fun Machine, followed by a definite appearance on the last signal-to-noise ratio broadcast, ever (where I'll be running sound for Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat). I know we already had his goodbye show last week, but this one is the real deal, the final enchilada, so to speak.

And then, next week, tune in for a special two-hour show, where I cover for Ricardo Wang. What will I play? What will you hear? Only time will tell...

See ya in seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment