“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Upcoming Live Radio

I've got a slew of upcoming live performances in the coming weeks on Blasphuphmus Radio, and I'm also running the board for a hip-hop group that will be featured on the Anti-Apathy show fairly soon. It's all part of the hard work we do to bring you entertainment at the extremely reasonable price of free. All you gotta do is tune in. (It's that easy.) Here's the schedule:

June 13th, 1:00 PM on Blasphuphmus Radio: Kimberly Kylland (of Ghost Town Jenny) is in Portland for a few weeks, and I jumped at the chance to get her to come into the station to play a few songs and show off her awesome guitar / ukulele / vocal skills. This is the first time a ukulele has been featured on Blasphuphmus Radio, and I'm particularly excited because it's being handled by an expert. You won't want to miss this.

June 15th, 6:00 PM on Anti-Apathy (hosted by Rachelle): Coming into the KPSU studios to throw down some live beats and rhymes about Our Lord And Savior is local hip-hop artist, Braille. Having played to some enourmous crowds, it'll be interesting to get him down into the humble KPSU studios to perform intimately for a radio audience. Still, this should be a interesting show no matter how you slice it. For this performance, I'll be merely behind the board, but I always enjoy the chance to try my sound skills on a variety of music, including work praising the ultimate OG.

June 20th, 1:oo PM on Blasphuphmus Radio: Fabled Eugene Oregon chanteuse Honey Vizer will be dropping by to play her particular and peculiar brand of acoustic country awesomeness. As her website proudly proclaims, "Amazing Space Reptile Sings Mammal Style," and it's 100% true. Her "Non-Rock That Actually Rocks," is, in a word, fantastic. I've known Honey for quite some time, but the length of the I-5 corridor has always been a barrier to having her on my show. Fortunately, patience is a virtue, and it will be a real treat to see her play again. I really hope she brings her banjo and accordion, but really, it'll be great no matter how you slice it.

June 27th, 1:00 PM on Blasphuphmus Radio: Horde of Two is actually David Lester (of Mecca Normal) and Wendy Atkinson (of Wendy Atkinson). Wendy stopped by KPSU a while back for a great live performance on Blasphuphmus Radio, and in spite of my disorganized and confused school-addled state, she still included a recording from that session on her fantastic album, Pink Noise. So I am extremely excited to be hosting Horde of Two, which combines David's witty guitar work with Wendy's atmospheric bass lines. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be hosting this, and I hope that comes through on the air. This one is a keeper, no questions asked.

Lastly: due to a much-needed vacation that I will be taking in July, there will be no new episode of Blasphuphmus Radio on July 4th. For the last six months I've been there for you, every week, and it's been great. But it will also be great to get out of town for a while to see my family, and unfortunately, weekends are the best time for everyone. Hopefully this will be One of only a handful of breaks the show will take in the foreseeable future. But hey, after all this great live music, you'll need a break too, right?

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment