“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Monday, February 23, 2009

Five Ways To Improve PDX

I often like to think of myself as being on the cutting edge of social change, so here are five ways we can all pitch in to help improve our community. I urge everyone to take action... NOW!

1.) Purchase a large quantity of disposable razors, and put a stop (once and for all) to all the bearded indie-rock that's ruining our fair city.

2.) Since the beginning of time, humankind has rarely accomplished anything worthwhile between 3 PM and 6 PM. (Look it up; would I make this up?) I suggest we institute a mandatory siesta. Those who do not take advantage of the mandatory siesta are not allowed to interact socially until they've taken three hours out of their day to rest, relax, and calm the fuck down, before they're allowed to go out in public again.

3.) For every show, concert, party or otherwise artistic social event that starts at 10 PM and ends at 4 AM, an equally cool, equally fun, and equally accessible event needs to also occur between 10 AM and 4 PM.

4.) Reading Parties instead of Cocktail Parties. Home Cooked Dinner & A Rented Movie instead of Going Out. House & Basement Shows instead of Paying a Cover. Burning Parties instead of buying records. Interacting With Your Friends instead of Everything Else That People Do.

5.) Stop. Raining. Now!

3 comments:

  1. It's like you've read my mind! Thought I don't feel quite so strongly about item #1. Or PDX. But many of these things apply to Berlin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would happily attend a burning party. I need to make up for all the bad karma for downloading my library for free by offering it to the public at large. Or would that bring me more bad karma...I don't think so but perhaps those in the music biz would disagree...

    TAGE

    ReplyDelete