“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Electric Folk Freak-Out

Covering for What's This Called? this week, our show expanded to a two hour block that is, for all intents and purposes, two different shows for the price of one. How, exactly, can we do that? By having an hour of rock music (picked out by myself and a bewildered member of our listening audience that wandered into the station), and then by having an hour of Electric Folk, selected by my good friend, DJ Sackbut. I hadn't seen him in quite a while, so there were plenty of behind-the-scenes shenanigans. However, that in no way interfered with the awesome radio we were able to bring you. Ob-soive:

Episode 047: Part I: "Audience Participation"
Episode 047: Part II: "Electric Folk w/ DJ Sackbut"

Playlist & Footnotes.

And, as a special feature to those listening to the webstream (and the PSU FM signal at 98.1), I re-ran the podcast-only episode from last weekend. So, now, you can get that show twice. (Which, it is worth listening to at least that many times.)

Re-run of Episode 046: "Living: Then And Now"

Playlist & Footnotes.

And, lastly, I want to give a big shoutout to GUYVE, who I have done sound for a few times at KPSU. They have a brand new release that came out, called Live Straight Outta KPSU 06/27/2009, which features a full set of music I recorded on that particular date. I'm not sure if this is an official Buddah Palm release, or if this was just a nice, well-packaged gift that I got in the mail today. However, I will totally add it to my musical resume, and will forever be in debt to them. Until the next band I run sound for does the same thing. Thanks!

Stay tuned for another two-hour show next week. What can you expect? I guess you'll have to wait until I have a clue, myself.

See ya in seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment