“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Sunday, August 15, 2010

'10 - '11 Teaching Assignment

So, after much patient waiting and gritting of teach, I have gotten my teaching assignment for the following year at PSU. This is a huge change of pace from last year, where I was teaching a Poli Sci class (outside my area of expertise) to a number of uninterested students, working with a Professor who has a very, VERY different teaching style than my own. First off, it's an Art Class. Second, I'll be working with a Professor who I had as a student myself. So far, so good.

Like last year, the students meet twice a week, all together, with my faculty partner, Sarah Newlands, a local artist and Assistant Professor in the University Studies Dept. Prior to this class, I will be teaching three sections of a Mentor Session, that complement the work they do in her class. The focus of this course will be studying, analyzing, and producing art, with concurrent projects that focus on the core competencies that all PSU students need to graduate (Quantitative Literacy, Computer Literacy, The Diversity of Human Experience, and other hippy-dippy things.) This is a Freshmen course, but like last year, there will be a few exceptions here and there. (I had a handful of students that were in their mid-to-late 20's, and one in his 30's.)

If you are going to be attending PSU as a Freshman during the '10 - '11 year, and need to take your Freshman UNST Requirements, why take The Work of Art, with me? All three sections still have plenty of openings.

The Work Of Art Course Description & Faculty Bios

The Work Of Art: 15151 UNST 131L-001. Mon. & Wed. 12:00 - 12:50
The Work Of Art: 15152 UNST 131L-002. Mon. & Wed. 13:00 - 13:50
The Work Of Art: 15153 UNST 131L-003. Mon. & Wed. 14:00 - 14:50

Classes start September 27th. See ya then!

1 comment: