“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chop Chop Radio Appearance

Always looking to lend a hand for my good friends at signal-to-noise ratio, I stopped by KPSU last night to run sound for an excellent local band that were kind enough to grace The Station with their presence. Ob-soive:

signal-to-noise ratio w/ The Ax, LIVE!
(Featuring a live performance, DJ set, and interview with local rock duo, The Ax!)

I always enjoy working with Ranger Mike, but this band was more than worth the usual bribes and favors that he offers when I come in to run sound. I highly recommend checking out their record, Our Queen of Dirt, and look for a split 7" they put out with a French group whose name escapes me. These guys not only rocked quite a bit, but were some of the nicest folks I ever met.

Here is a link to a few photos I snapped with my Borg Implant. I know that Ranger Mike took more, so expect a follow-up soon enough.

Since we're already talking about live KPSU performances, here are a few things on the horizon that you can expect in the coming weeks:

20 March, 2010: Engineering for Moodring on What's This Called?
20 March, 2010: "Lounge Act," featuring down-tempo and chill-out music on Blasphuphmus Radio.
24 March, 2010: Engineering for Enemies of Carlotta on signal-to-noise ratio.
27 March, 2010: Hosting a special local act (TBA) on Blasphuphmus Radio.
31 March, 2010: Co-hosting a special episode of signal-to-noise ratio, where Ranger Mike and I replay some recordings of live acts he's had on his show. Hell yeah.
04 April, 2010: Superman Returns on Blasphuphmus Radio.
07 April, 2010: Engineering for Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat on signal-to-noise ratio.

I think that's everything. Of course, as new stuff comes up, I'll keep you posted. It's how that sort of thing works.

See ya Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment