“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Top Of My Head

I wish I had some great thought, some epiphany, or even a funny observation, that I could post here that would make everyone scratch their heads, become more humble, and see the world in a new and interesting way. But that doesn't seem to be happening lately; after a grueling year of classes, I find myself in full-on summer, with no job, no girlfriend, no money, and swaths of free time witch which I could use in whatever no-cost way I see fit. I've even been on vacation already. Why don't I have something amazing and crazy to share with ya'll?

No news is good news, I guess, and 'round here there is nothing new to report. My days are filled with reading Love & Rockets, writing, working on radio tidbits, and playing with the cat and ducks; and my nights are filled with Dr. Who, peanut butter cookies, and checking again to see if I still don't have any money. It's a strange life to be living. There's nothing to be tragically, horrifically, devastatingly upset about, except all the things that everyone is upset about. More than anything, there is a thick blanket of waiting lying on top of me, and the more I struggle with it the slower time seems to pass.

Maybe there's a Miles Davis album I haven't heard yet. Somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. It strikes me that these circumstances would sound like heaven on Earth to the overworked majority, but are probably just kind of asstastic boredom to the underworked minority, n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. < taps side of nose >

    Expect about 20 new 'zines this summer.

    ReplyDelete