“Prolix Logorrhoea, and how!”

Saturday, July 18, 2009

When Radio Discovers Itself

This week, I've got almost four hours of radio for you, most of it extremely self-refrential. "Radio About Radio" goes all the way back to my first 2009 broadcast, but this time, it appears in a much more concentrated, two-hour presentation, heavily influenced by Negativland. Ob-soive:

Episode 029: A Sound Salvation (Radio About Radio) Part I
Episode 029: A Sound Salvation (Radio About Radio) Part II
(Featuring all songs about Radio itself, including some valuable information from a professional DJ.)

Playlist & Footnotes.

Since this is not the first time I've tackled this subject, I did a special FM / Inter-Web-A-Tron only broadcast of that first 2009 show, during the 11 AM hour this morning.

Repeat of Episode 001: Of A Beginning

Original Playlist & Footnotes

Lastly, I let my iPod run the show for most of the 10 AM hour (about 10 minutes in), which is always hilarious for those who are curious about what helps me survive the long bus commutes I regularly have to make.

10 AM: DJ iPod
(For completists only.)

Thanks again for all the callers and listeners. I've already got a lot of ideas for a follow up show. Tune in next SUNDAY at NOON (just for next week) for Part II in a series: "A Family Affair." This time, there's three of us. Yikes!

See ya in Seven... ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment